Privacy Notice of the website
Rakuten Europe Bank (REB), a société anonyme with registered office at 2, rue du Fossé, L-1536 Luxembourg, registered under number B-181868 at the Luxembourg Trade and Companies Register is a credit institution authorised by the CSSF.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
REBis the Controller of the personal data within the understanding of the GDPR (‘General Data Protection Regulation).
We will process the following information that concern you:
- a. The information you provide to us using contact forms on this website or our contact details, provided on the website.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA AND THE LEGAL BASIS FOR USING YOUR DATA?
We will use the personal data you provide via this website in order to handle and process your request. We will do that based on our legitimate interest, which is to respond swiftly to your questions and to protect REB against legal claims. We will also process your personal data based on our legitimate interest in order to ensure security and protect REB and other users from harm. We will also process this data, but only if necessary in order to comply with our legal obligations, such as in response to court orders or to comply with privacy or financial regulations.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA AND HOW LONG DO WE KEEP IT?
We will keep your personal data for the time necessary to handle your request which shall not exceed three months, plus the additional period necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and requirements to the extent possible, and for the period necessary to defend our legal claims, if applicable.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
We may disclose your Personal Data for business purposes to the following parties:
- Service providers and business partners. We may share your Personal Data with our service providers and business partners that perform analytics and marketing services and other business operations for us, such as the above-mentioned Google Analytics.
- Rakuten Group companies. Rakuten Group, Inc. is the parent company. We work closely with Rakuten Group, Inc. and other businesses and companies that fall under the Rakuten Group family. We may share certain information about you with Rakuten Group, Inc. and other Rakuten Group companies for the purpose of analytics and marketing.
- Law enforcement agencies, courts, regulators and government authorities. We may share your Personal Data with these parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
- Asset purchasers. We may share your Personal Data with any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your Personal Data uses it in a manner that is consistent with this privacy notice.
TRANSFERS OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for Personal Data in relation to the country you are located in.
We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us at the details below.
As part of the Rakuten Group, Rakuten Europe S.a.r.l. relies on the Rakuten Group Binding Corporate Rules to legitimize international data transfers within the Group. The Rakuten Group Binding Corporate Rules can be found at https://corp.rakuten.co.jp/privacy/en/bcr.html
YOUR RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have certain rights regarding your personal data. These include the following rights to:
- access your personal data
- rectify the information we hold about you
- erase your personal data
- restrict our use of your personal data
- object to our use of your personal data
- receive your personal data in a usable electronic format and transmit it to an external party (right to data portability)
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate. You can send us your enquiry using the contact form or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files used to track the user’s Internet behaviour. The collected data is used to evaluate our site content in order to improve information and services available.
What is the purpose of cookies and who places them?
Cookies may have different purposes, notably:
- the improvement of your navigation on the Site and the provision of services that you have expressly asked for (for example, the authentication to your account). Those are called « functional » cookies
- the assessment of pages trends and providing analytical data with regards to the visited websites those are called «analytical» cookies
These cookies are either directly placed by us or by a partner (web analytics solutions’ companies, advertising agencies and social networks notably).
What types of cookies do we use?
When you visit our websites, the following cookie types are used:
First party Cookies
These cookies are saved by our websites and are only read by the website which saved them (Information concerning your devices, the display styles of the site and your preferences concerning social sharing).
These are the cookies that allow us to know the use and the performances of the website and the mobile app, in order to improve its functioning. It is saved up to 2 years.
How to manage cookies?
- Cookie tool - When you first connect to the Site, a cookie consent tool will be displayed, so that you can exercise your choices. You can access it at anytime by clicking here
- Browser set up - You will be able to disable the cookies following the instructions of your browser. For example, you can permit, know, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by setting up your browser options installed on your computer. You can find more information about how to do manage them in the following URLs: Firefox Chrome Internet Explorer Safari
- Changes to the Cookies Policy - We can modify the cookies policy at any time. As changes may occur, please check this information periodically.
If you have any request or concern, please send us an email to email@example.com
In case of any inconsistencies or conflict between the English language version and the other language versions, the English language version shall take precedence.